November 8, 2011

6 months

Wow, does time fly by, I can't believe my baby girl is half a year old.  She had her 6 month check-up today and the doc was very pleased with her.  She weighs 15 lbs 10 oz, is 24 1/2 inches long, and her head is 17 inches.  Her last check-up was 2 months ago and since then she has gained 2 pounds, grew 2 inches, and her head is 1 1/2 inches bigger.  Crazy!  I think she is finally coming out of her stranger-danger period, she was smiling and happy to see everyone at the dr's office.  I really love her doctor, Zoey, Charlotte, and I all see him and we are really going to miss him when we leave.  I'm going to try to squeeze in her 9 month check-up before we head to Kansas.

I was trying to take some pictures of her cute outfit before we left/she spit up on it and the cat kept jumping on the bed and distracting her.  I could hardly get her to look at me!  I probably pushed the cat off the bed 10 times and she'd jump right back up and lay down, silly kitty. 
My pretty girl.  Ah, I could just squeeze those cheeckies!


This was the very first time Cupid has ever messed with her.  She was sitting on the floor playing and he just came up and laid by her.  She would slowly raise her hand to touch him and he would ever so gently push it back down onto the boppy.  They did that back and forth for a while, it was so sweet.

She was talking to me while I was cooking the other day.
Haha she is so laid back, I think I tried on 5 different headbands.  Zoey never would let me do anything like that!  She would have it swiped off in a heart beat.

Zoey is such a great big sister, I can't say it enough.  I appreciate her so much, she helps me do so much without even being told and is happy to do it.  I went through Charlotte's clothes yesterday and came across a preemie outfit so I gave it to Zoey for her dolls.  All afternoon she had one doll or another stuffed up her shirt, being pregnant, giving birth on the floor beside the bed, dressing them up, asking me if I thought they were "Oh so adorable" and eventually feeding them.  Sometimes I don't know what to say to her, she's such a funny girl.
I promise to take pictures of the other members of my family this week, it's just so hard to resist this beautiful face!

2 comments:

MRS.JERRY WAHLMEIER said...

Thanks for all the picts oh Char... and how big is that cat--if Char is 15 that cat must be 12 or more love yall mom

Anonymous said...

Oh Aften, I just love the pics you take and the notes you write. I smile, laugh and cry. bp