November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know we sure did! I was expecting it to just be us and at the last minute our friend Raz and his son joined us, we were more than happy to have them.  I started the night before and prepared a few things and then cooked all day on Thursday.  Everything was going so good, I was ahead of schedule, the house was clean, just perfect!  All of sudden, I noticed smoke.  Oh no!  I had made my mashed potatoes and put them in a casserole dish with some butter on top to reheat and the butter had boiled over the side and was smoking like crazy!  I opened windows and turned on fans and as soon as it reached the living room, the guests arrived.  Of course!  Isn't that how it always goes?  At least I grabbed the food out before it tasted smoky and everything tasted pretty good.  This is also my first year making a turkey, I just made a breast, but it's a start!

I was so busy I completely forgot to take any pictures but I grabbed a couple on my phone.
Beau helped me by napping with baby.  Thanks, I guess?  No, he helped out quite a bit including keeping the girls happy while I buzzed around the kitchen.

I decided to be fancy this year and break out the china.  I was putting it back yesterday and I noticed I used the cream dish thing for the gravy instead of the gravy boat.  Haha, I guess I'm not as fancy as I thought!

Last week I mentioned we went to Aubree's awesome karate party and here are the pictures!
She was ready to chop-kick someone!
All the fuss wore out baby Charlotte.


The kids had so much fun doing the exercises.
Charlotte had fun playing on the floor and watching the kids run around.
I love this picture of Beau, this is the face he always makes when he talks to the baby. 


The party was so fun, good friends, food, and fun, that's just what parties should be like!

Last, I was looking through pictures the other day and I found this one of Landon and Zoey on Halloween the first year we lived here.  They look like babies!

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!  We have our tree and decorations up, our holiday cheer is in full swing!

2 comments:

mrs. jerry wahlmeier said...

enjoyed all the news but no picts of the christmas tree? love always mom

Anonymous said...

The tree is beautiful and so are the girls! Bp