July 10, 2011

Whew!

It feels like I have been on the go go go for the last few days!  The girls and I ran a ton of errands earlier in the week, got groceries and the dog groomed, and then I had to prepare some treats for a Luau party on Saturday.  I made these cookies :
http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/05/oreo-pudding-cookies.html
I've made them before and they are so good!  I usually do all of our grocery shopping at the commissary but they don't have the Oreo pudding that I needed so we made a trip to Wal-Mart too.  I grabbed a couple extra boxes and I'm sure glad I did!  While I was making the cookies I had the dough all ready to go and as I started scooping them out I noticed egg shells! Ugh... I asked my mom what to do and she said to just take them and not tell anyone who brought them haha!  I dumped it all out and started over, I'm so glad I grabbed that extra pudding!

The Luau was so much fun, I enjoy getting together and seeing all the wives and having the kids play.  The people who had the party rented a huge water slide, it was a little scary!  Zoey absolutely loved it, so much so I had to carry her inside while she was sobbing "I'm just so cold!" but she would NOT stop going down the slide.  She's so silly!  I got her all dried off and her pretty dress back on and she had some juice and a snack and was good to go.

Baby Charlotte had fun getting passed around and snuggled with, I can't get over how even-tempered she is.  She was even able to take a couple naps in the middle of all the laughing and screaming kids!  I'm so lucky to have such a good baby. 

The kids played pretty well together, I think there were like 8 or 9 little kids playing so I'm glad there wasn't too many scuffles!  At one point we peeked in and Zoey was curled up in the bed and making all the other kids take care of her since she was the queen.  What am I going to do with her?

How cute is Aubree! I love watching her, she is so funny
We were loading up, getting ready to go, and Priscilla was helping me carry out my things.  I still can't get over how much stuff you have to take for 2 kids!  Priscilla was pushing the baby in the stroller and I was rounding up Zoey and carrying some bags.  I guess she walked by Greg and he got worried they were taking Charlotte home for the night!  He's so funny, I guess he was worried about his peaceful Sunday mornings.

Today I'm getting some laundry and housework done and taking it easy.  I feel bad for Beau being at work, we were both so tired last night and then he had to get up and go to work.  At least he has the next couple days off.  I really hope the dealorship calls us tomorrow about his car, this will be 2 full weeks they have had it!  It better be in tip top shape, I really don't like having a rental car.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: